Being pregnant, and having a newborn son or daughter in your family, are some of the most memorable times of your life. Memories to look back on in years to come. Moments in time that go so quickly. Before you know it that tiny baby you can hold in one hand will be a lively toddler charging around your house. You only get one chance to capture those very early days, when they’re gone, they’re gone for good.
There’s no better way to remember than with our top class images, beautifully displayed on your wall.
Maternity Photo Shoots
In days gone by, bumps were hidden away under loose fitting clothes. Now bumps are rightly seen as a thing of beauty, and it’s in that spirit that we approach our bump photo shoots. Elegance, style and beauty are the key words here. After a glamorous makeover (optional extra) we’ll photograph you in a choice of poses and outfits and against various backgrounds, or perhaps on locations, to ensure we get just the right images that suit your look and personality. And of course, we’ll be happy to include photographs of the proud father-to-be.
When you book which we’d recommend you do from about 30 weeks, we’ll send you our user-friendly guide which will tell you everything you need to know to get the best out of your shoot.
Newborn Baby Photo Shoots
The most important thing about photographing babies is, of course, their safety and well-being. That’s our main concern. We have a lot of experience with our own children as well as our tiny customers, and we know what we’re doing to ensure that your precious baby is safe at all times. From heating our studio to the right temperature, to poses that will look great but won’t make baby uncomfortable, everything we do is based on the needs of your child.
The best time to photograph newborns is just after birth, ideally we like to see them in their first few weeks, because that’s when they are sleepiest and least likely to move around. This usually means a booking before baby is born, then we will adjust our calendars to fit you in. Don’t worry if your baby is a bit older when you book, that’s not a problem, we will adjust our approach and the shots we take might be a little different, but still just as beautiful.
When you book (which we’d recommend you do from about 30 weeks or at your bump shoot, if you have one), we’ll send you our user-friendly guide which will tell you everything you need to know to get the best out of your shoot for you and your baby.
Maternity and newborn baby photoshoots
- Full consultation to establish your needs. This can be in person, by telephone, text or email.
- A photo shoot of around one hour (but as long as we need) in our studio, or on location
- Two looks/outfits (more if baby needs them!);
- All photographs are taken by Carl or James, but if you prefer a female photographer, one can be arranged.
- Full image editing/retouching to ensure that you are delighted with your finished product;
- Follow-up appointment at our studio or your home to review and choose from a selection of your images.
- Maternity and newborn shoots are priced at £150 each, but if you book both, it’s just £250.
- Hair-styling and makeover are available as an optional extra at £50 per session
- If photos are taken on location, distances within 5 miles free. More than 5 miles charged at £0.50p mile both ways.
Please note that these prices are for the preparation, shoot and editing of your photographs. Due to the extra time and work involved, compared to a standard photo shoot, they do not include any products, which you choose from our range. You are not under any obligation to buy anything, but we’re sure that you’ll want to.